Hello everyone! I hope this finds you alive and well. I am in the preliminary stages of planning our next family trip together. When we were together last we said we would like to do this every 2 years but that is obviously not going to happen this time around. I have been asking around and the thought of doing it next Spring in late April/early May or in the Fall were the two times that seemed to work out the best for those I spoke with. I think we are going to do a trip in Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge, TN. There are plenty of places that will accomodate a large group and there is plenty to do there. I asked Daddy and Lindsey and they liked the idea too so I hope everyone will be okay with that. I have found several places and I will send more info on them as I find out how many people are interested and I can get an idea of who would like to come. I am hoping that everyone will make an honest attempt to be there as it would be great to all get together again. The trip to St. Augustine sure meant a great deal to all of us and now that we have so many more additions to the pack I am looking forward to seeing you all again.
I hope you like this forum for communication. I think it will be the best way so that we don't have a mailbox full of emails. I will send an email out for you to check this blog if anything major comes up. If you want to save the link to your favorites, it might prompt you to check it periodically. The link is: http://mountainreunion08.blogspot.com/
I looked up approximate milage for everyone so you could see how far it was for you to travel to Tennessee.
Fairfax/'Vienna, VA - 475
Mansfield, MA - 918
Lady Lake ,FL 584
Palm Coast/ St. Augustine - 575
Ft. Meyers, FL - 765
Mobile, AL - 550
Ft. Knox, KY - 314
Madison, MS - 550
Germantown, MD - 495
Bowling Green, KY 283
At this point, please let me know your seasonal preference and any thoughts or suggestions. FYI, it will be less expensive to go in the spring than it will be in the fall. My thoughts were to either rent the house out for the week or from a Wednesday to Sunday like we did last time. (It's almost the same amount after 4 nights)
Take care and I look forward to hearing from you. Please forward this to all of the grown grandkids as I do not have their email addresses and I certainly want to include everyone. If you would please send me their email addresses, I will add them to the master list.
Love,
Renee
Monday, September 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sounds great!
The last get-together was so much fun I am already looking forward to the next big bash. As far as the time preference, my only input is that an off-season rate would be best! Thanks, Renee, for once again taking the reins on coordinating the details.
We love the idea of having another family reunion. Either suggested time will work, but Spring sound really nice.
Renee, thanks so much for making this happen.
Looks great! Either time is fine with us.
love ya,
Rhonda
Another get-together would be great. Count us in.
Post a Comment