Friday, September 21, 2007

Head Count!

Hi Everyone!

I have compiled every ones responses on the blog so I can keep all of the correspondence together in one place.

I am going to proceed with the house hunting in the next few weeks and I will let you know what I find. I appreciate every ones feedback and comments and I will take them all under advisement.

I have found several properties that will accomodate everyone very comfortably no matter what size group we have so once I feel comfortable with a room count, I will proceed. Take care and have a great weekend. Love you all!

Renee
********************************************************************************

I also liked staying in one house. It was nice not to have to be constantly getting in the car or worrying about what to wear. Once we have a head count, we start looking for a location and make sure we get one that will accommodate everyone comfortably.

Looking forward to it.

Love,

Roger



*****************************************************************************
From: Robin


I'm so excited about the thought of us all getting together again! Mark will be deploying to Iraq on October 13, and as he prepares to go, I think of how precious family is and how fragile life is. Having that time in Florida was a true blessing for me, and I felt like we were getting to know each other all over again.....well, I guess we were! I'll always treasure the time we spent there and the fun and laughter we shared. With us all living in different states, getting together takes more coordination than I'm capable of. In the last two years, I've been able to see Rhonda and her family once, and Rhonda came to Kentucky for a visit. (I'm so glad it's something Renee is willing to take on; I don't think I could ever pull that off! Thanks in advance, Renee and Mike!)


I hope it'll work out that everyone is able to come, even if it can't be for the entire time. I have to admit was a little leary of how it would all work out. I thought seriously about staying in a hotel but am so glad now I didn't. I think in addition to missing opportunities to spend time together, it might have been more expensive with hotel, food, and gas costs, not to mention the time lost trying to go back and forth. Having said that, I understand that for some the hotel thing might be a better fit. I'd much rather have limited time with y'all than no time at all!

Kent and I'll be bringing a crowd this time. Unless Ben and/or Mark are out of the country on official duty, they'll be joining us in Gatlinburg! Of course, Kylie will be making her debut, along with Zoe and Renee and Mike's little one...and that's just the Smith side!

Watch out, Gatlinburg! Here we come!!!




******************************************************************************

Renee,

Given what's going on in my life, I cannot commit to anything this early on. Plan as if I won't make it, and if it turns out that I can, I'll find accomodations.

Rick


******************************************************************************



When Patty's family does this they simply pick a hotel and agree on the week they want to spend together. That way you can stay for a day or two or the week depending on your finances and/or availability. And for a few, privacy might be a concern too. Randy wasn't thrilled with sleeping on the roof last time :) I know he'd like to be able to escape and be comfortable in his own space and having his own room would allow him to do that. Just getting everybody in the same place is a big enough problem without making you plan an extravaganza. Don't think we don't appreciate your efforts - we do. Just feel like it could be done a lot simpler and not be such a strain on you because as you've mentioned, you'll have a little one keeping you busy as well.

Russ



*****************************************************************************



From: Rob



I don’t think we will be making it at this time.





*****************************************************************************



Hey Everybody,

This type of get-to-gether takes a lot of work. It is not possible to obtain the right accommodations without the number of your who will be attending. Please let Renee know one way or the other.

Dad/Smitty

No comments: